Thursday, January 22, 2015

Part 2: Healthy Eating and Journaling

After pondering my goals this year in regard to eating healthy, I have found a pretty cool tool to assist me in making better overall choices. There is an app called TwoGrand:Visual Food Journal and I am really impressed with it. Logging your food seems to be the biggest key to eating healthy that I have found and research supports this. We are more mindful about our eating habits after keeping track of what we eat throughout the day. However, with a one-year-old infant and a million other things to do, I can never remember to write down what I ate. TwoGrand has made this process so much easier for busy individuals, like myself. All you do is take a picture with your phone. You can add a description if you want, but you don't have to. It takes less than 5 second of your time and you can log snacks, drinks, water intake, meals, your weight, exercise, etc. It is also set up like another form of social media, so you can get together with a group of friends and follow each other and others on TwoGrand to keep up with your goals and get ideas from others. The app even has a meal idea feature. I can't say enough about it and I hope to continue to use it to keep up with my goals this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment